Monday, August 6

Back To School Encouragement Card

Hello, everyone!  Thanks for taking the time to drop by my blog.

 Today, I've got a project for you as part of Joy's Life's Design Team Back To School week.

I wanted to create a cheerful card you could give to any child in your life, encouraging them to have a great day at school.


This saying from Joy's new Pun In The Sun stamp set gets the message across. 


You can grab your own set here!

Now for the details on how I made this.  I used a 4.25x5.5 base for the card.  The notebook page is just just slightly smaller cut using my Cameo.  I also cut the books at about 3" on the same cutter.  The cute whale is from Create A Critter and he's cut at 3.5".  To finish it off, I scored lines across the notebook paper and down the pages of the books to add some texture.

Well, I hope you enjoyed my card for the day!  Thanks for stopping by and leaving comments. 

 I hope you all have a whale of a great day!

6 comments:

June Houck said...

Soooo cute, Patty! I love the books on his tail :)

jessica said...

This is such an adorable card!! LOVE the cuts and love the adorable sentiment!!
TFS

Sarabeth aka Sarita said...

I'm in love!!!! I love whales and I love books! Too cute!

:)
Sarabeth

Sarabeth aka Sarita said...

I'm in love!!!! I love whales and I love books! Too cute!

:)
Sarabeth

Jovan said...

Super cute!

Daisylove Creations said...

Oh this is sooo adorable!! Love that cute little whale with the books...LOVE IT!!
Diana
daisylovecreations.blogspot.com