Saturday, December 15

Using The Negative Of A Die Cut

Hello!  If you've been following the posts on Joy's Life's Design Team this past week, we've been sharing tips and techniques.  I'm going to show you how to use a die cut in a different way.

I turned to my trusty Cameo for this project.  Using the drawing tool, I made a rectangle the size that I needed.



I used one the of tree files available in the Silhouette online store.  I  enlarged it, centered it in the rectangle, then cut it from white card stock.


I marked the green card stock where the tree would be positioned and began to cover the background with Washi  tape.  
(If you are in a big hurry, you can use printed card stock.)

 

It was at this point that I realized the tape was semi-transparent and the green card stock was showing through.  I changed plans and used the white die cut as a base to lay the tape so the true color of the Washi tape showed through. 


I used the pencil marks to place the tree onto the card.  Afterwards, I taped the stamped frame to the card and added the glitter star.  This is how it looks after it is assembled.  

I chose this stamp from Joy's new Oh, Christmas Puns for my card.  Works perfectly!


Well, I hope you enjoyed the tutorial.  Let me know if you're going to try this or have done this before.  Have a great day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Super cute card!